At AusRapid CovidTest, there's a reason we collect data from our customers. We want to ensure you have the best experience possible.
So what data are we talking about? Usually this includes your name, address, contact details, DOB, Medicare number and test results.
We will not use your data for any irrelevant or unwanted spam or sell your data to anyone else.
Keeping your personal information safe and secure is our priority.
You also have rights. So if you want to access your data or provide feedback on how we're using your personal information, please contact us.
- AusRapid CovidTest (NSW) Pty Limited are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to assist us in carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you. In this policy we explain how we collect your personal information, how we hold, use and disclose it and what controls you have over it and our use of it.
- This policy is available on our website AusRapidCovidTest.com.au.
Collection of information
- Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. The types of personal information that AusRapid CovidTest may collect about you includes:
- name, gender, date of birth and age;
- identification information, including signature, driver’s licence number and student identification number;
- contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- your medicare number
- employer or business details;
- financial information, including bank and cheque account details and credit card details.
- The main ways we collect personal information about you are:
- if you purchase or order any product from us; or you particiape in a Covid Test conducted by a entity associated or referred by us
- if you contact AusRapid CovidTest, including to make an inquiry regarding our products and services, to make a complaint, to provide feedback, to seek a refund, or to attend an event;
- if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to AusRapid CovidTest.
connection with our business, those third parties may share your details with us;
- if you interact with AusRapid CovidTest via social networking services;
- if you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or use any of our online applications;
- if you participate in any competition that we conduct;
- if you undertake any of AusRapid CovidTest’ induction, safety or compliance processes;
- if you engage, request or seek a quotation for a service from a third party that we use to provide a service to you; or
- We may also collect personal information about you from:
- publicly available sources, including from Australian Government agencies such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, internet search platforms and social media platforms, such as Facebook;
- any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to AusRapid CovidTest;
- anyone sharing information with us for loss prevention and/or law enforcement purposes;
- any persons you nominate, if you submit an employment application to us; and
Refunds & Delivery Policy
- Due to this product being of medical use, there is strictly no refunds or returns.
- Delivery time from leaving the warehouse upon full payment is expected within 5-7 business days.
- All deliveries must be signed upon receiving.
Use and disclosure of personal information
- We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you.
- AusRapid CovidTest may use your personal information:
- to charge you for products and services we provide to you and to prepare invoices and sales records for such purchases;
- to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
- to deliver our products and services to you;
- to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us;
- to provide refunds and exchanges;
- to promote and advertise our products and services (including by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events;
- to personalise advertising and content displayed to you (including the layout and content of our website, and advertisements displayed to you on or via third party websites or platforms such as Facebook);
- to undertake product recalls;
- to monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis, or seeking feedback from customers;
- to undertake data processing, data analysis and matching, market research or trend analysis;
- in the case of our suppliers or service providers, to manage the provision of products and services to us;
- • to monitor and measure the use of our websites or mobile applications, including web-based referral channels, data entered and user activity such as links clicked;
- to assist us to develop and deliver new products and services;
- to assist us in ensuring security, health and safety and customer protection
- to assist us, our service providers and Related Companies, and other third parties who we share information with for loss prevention or law enforcement purposes in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- to recruit our employees or engage contractors;
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
- We work with a number of third parties in carrying on our business and may disclose your personal information to:
- third parties to facilitate the provision of products and services to you
- marketing, advertising and promotions services providers and event organisers in connection with AusRapid CovidTest’ marketing, advertising and events;
- third parties who provide services to AusRapid CovidTest in connection with our business operations, undertaking data monitoring or data analysis and data matching activities, monitoring trends in customer preferences or transactions and the operation and maintenance of our website, as well as our online services or online applications;
- third party platforms who display advertising or content (including personalised advertising) based on your personal information or preferences (including social media platforms such as Facebook);
- third parties who provide other administrative and operational services to AusRapid CovidTest in connection with our business, including for example financial institutions, security services providers, market research or feedback collection companies, IT service providers, payment processers and collectors, mailing houses and card manufacturers;
- AusRapid CovidTest’ professional advisers, where required to enable any such adviser to provide services to AusRapid CovidTest;
- third parties necessary to assist us in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- third parties who we share information with for loss prevention and law enforcement purposes, in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties, where required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- other persons disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- our Related Companies who may use that information to undertake data analytics and matching to enable them to better understand your requirements and preferences, and (if you interact with that business) to personalise and improve their offer to you and to offer products or providing services to you or send direct marketing to you (where you have consented to receiving offers or direct marketing from them).
Transfer of information overseas
- Some of our service providers may be located overseas or may store information (including your personal information) that we provide to them overseas. We may also provide your personal information to AusRapid CovidTest affiliates operating AusRapid CovidTest overseas and to our Related Companies that are located overseas. Therefore, the personal information you provide to us may be held overseas.
- Personal information you disclose to us will only be held or processed overseas in accordance with all applicable law.
- Where practicable you have the option of dealing with AusRapid CovidTest anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you deal with us in this manner, we may not be able to provide all of our products and services to you or interact with you in other ways set out in this policy. For example, we will not be able to deliver products to you if you do not provide us with address details for the delivery.
Marketing, advertising and customer insights
- As part of AusRapid CovidTest’ functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to you, AusRapid CovidTest may use, and disclose to third parties, personal information that we have collected from you or trusted third parties (including our Related Companies), for the purposes of advertising (including online behavioural advertising and website personalisation) and other direct marketing. We may engage third parties to assist us in ensuring that the marketing and advertising we provide is of interest to you. Direct marketing includes AusRapid CovidTest or third parties:
- sending to you and/or contacting you directly in relation to promotions and information about AusRapid CovidTest’ products and services;
- personalising the layout of our website to display products and services of interest to you; and
- providing targeted advertising content to you (including through third party websites).
We may also collect and use personal information about you from our Related Companies, such as purchase history and webpages visited on their websites and apps, to help personalise our website appearance for you and our direct marketing communications to you.
Generally, we will provide direct marketing to you where you have requested or consented to receiving such information. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from AusRapid CovidTest by using the opt out link or details provided in the direct marketing communication or in the case of online advertising, by managing your preferences in digital platforms such as Google or Facebook.
Security and storage
- AusRapid CovidTest will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold, including both paper and electronic records. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, AusRapid CovidTest seeks to ensure that personal information in paper form is held securely and personal information held electronically by or for AusRapid CovidTest is held on secured servers in controlled facilities.
- No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, AusRapid CovidTest cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted by you to AusRapid CovidTest over the internet.
Use and disclosure of personal information
- You have the right under applicable Australian or New Zealand privacy legislation to request access to, and correction of, personal information about you held by AusRapid CovidTest, at no cost to you. Requests should be made as set out under the heading “How to contact AusRapid CovidTest” below.
- AusRapid CovidTest may require you to verify your identity at the time you request access to, or correction of, your personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
- AusRapid CovidTest will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time, but in any event by no later than 30 days after the date you make the request.
- If AusRapid CovidTest refuses to provide you with access to the personal information held about you, or if AusRapid CovidTest refuses to correct that information, we will provide reasons for such refusal .If you object to the refusal, you may make a complaint in the manner indicated under the heading “Questions and complaints” below.
Questions and complaints
- If you have a question or complaint about this policy, AusRapid CovidTest’ collection of your personal information or the way in which AusRapid CovidTest deals with your personal information, this should be directed to AusRapid CovidTest’ Privacy Officer using the contact details set out under the heading “How to contact AusRapid CovidTest” below.
- We will promptly investigate any complaint you make to us and attempt to resolve that complaint. If you are not satisfied with AusRapid CovidTest’ proposed resolution of your complaint, or if we do not respond to you within 30 days of the date you make the complaint, then you may, if you are in Australia, contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or, if you are in New Zealand, the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner to resolve that complaint:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
New Zealand Privacy Commissioner
Phone: 0800 803 909
- AusRapid CovidTest’ website may contain links to other websites. If you access any third party website from AusRapid CovidTest’ website, personal information about you may be collected by that third party website. AusRapid CovidTest is not responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your information collected from any such third party website. AusRapid CovidTest encourages you to be aware of this when you leave our website and to read the privacy policies for every third party website that you access.
How to contact AusRapid CovidTest
Changes to this policy
- AusRapid CovidTest may update this policy from time to time. We may let you know of significant changes to this policy by posting a notification on our website. The current version of this policy will always be available on our website and was last updated in September 2021.